Friday, July 27, 2012

My New Favorite Craft Gadget

Craft Cutter Die Cut Word Art
I've tried plenty of tools and gadgets for crafting and sewing, but the latest addition to my craft room is definitely one of my favorites. I've got a shiny new Silhouette Cameo craft cutter and I'm already getting loads of ideas on how to use it. I've been testing it out with the fonts I already had on my computer, and I'm making cutting shapes from my own coloring page art and digital stamp drawings. This is way-cool fun!

The first project I designed and cut was a welded die cut of my granddaughter's name using a font on my computer and a sheet of heavy embossed card stock from my stash of Nana's Kids Cardstock Collection  by Die Cuts with A View.

I've had this lovely heavy weight craft paper for a couple years; the last project I made with these cute designs was a set of party hats for Anya's 2nd birthday. If I'd had this cutter then I could have added each child's name to the front of their party hats.

I'll be using my Cameo cutter to create some Oma-designed fancy cupcake wrappers for her 3rd birthday bash. Maybe I'll even make some standup table decorations or a very special paper doll ... stay tuned for more projects from the Cameo craft cutter.

PS I think I'll be adding freebie die cut shapes to my web site this year!

No comments: